What Personal Information do we collect?
Information you provide to us.
Registration: Binfy collects Personal Information about you when you register to become a site member, subsequently change your account information, or interact with our site to use the software services available on the site. For example, when you register, we collect your email address, which requires confirmation via an email we will send you. You also may voluntarily provide additional Personal Information, such as demographic data (e.g., your gender). When you use the interactive tracking tools on Binfy, the information you provide, such as tracking your weight or exercise, is collected and stored in database records associated with your account ID.
Information automatically collected.
Server Log Data: Binfy automatically collects and records certain information in our server logs whenever you visit or use our website. Our logs record your IP address, information about your browser (e.g., type and version), and pages you request. We have no obligation to retain this server log information and we may delete it at any time without notice to you.
What other types of information do we collect?
Do we collect information from children?
Binfy is not intended for those who are under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, and if we find that we have inadvertently obtained Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete it.
Do others collect information from this website?
You can opt out of cookies for several advertising networks, some of which may be delivering ads on our site, by visiting Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
How does Binfy use your Personal Information?
- Part of Binfy's website enables you to track data, such as weight and symptoms. In order for many of Binfy's available features to work, its internal algorithms programmatically access your tracking data for calculation purposes. For example, to produce a chart, or calculate statistics, or determine when to send a reminder that you have setup, your tracking history must be programmatically accessed and/or evaluated.
When does Binfy share your Personal Information?
- Binfy may, at its option, present aggregated data on our site or provide such data to third parties. In such cases, your personal tracking data may be used as part of the aggregated statistics but we will not provide any information that personally identifies you or associates you with the aggregated results.
- We may share your Personal Information with others in order to (i) comply with the law or cooperate with law enforcement officials; (ii) investigate or take action due to violations to our Terms and Conditions of Use; (iii) or to protect the property, safety, or rights of Binfy or any person; (iv) any other lawful purpose that would not violate your right to privacy under applicable law.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures, as well as implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, to protect Personal Information collected from you and other users of this website. However, you should be aware that no website, including Binfy, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. You can help safeguard your Personal Information collected by Binfy, by ensuring that you do not share or allow access by any other person to your account ID and the password associated with it. For example, you should make sure to logout when you leave your computer, so that no one else can access or alter your account information.
How can you manage your account information and settings?
- You have the ability to change your account information and settings at any time.
- When you first register, you can setup your account information. A valid email is required which we confirm via an email to you at that address.
- After you become a member, you can change your account information at any time, using options available from the My Account screen. If you change your primary email address, or add additional email addresses, all email addresses will be confirmed by Binfy: Binfy will send a confirmation email to each new/changed email account you configure.
- You can setup, inactivate, or delete email reminders. If you have setup an email reminder and no longer wish to receive it, you can delete the reminder.
- If you post in public areas, you can use Settings to opt to receive email notification when your posts are commented upon by others. You can disable this option at any time to stop receiving these notices.
- For as long as you are registered through an account with us, Binfy reserves the right to automatically send you email communications relating to the Binfy service and administration, policy changes, or your account without offering you an opt-out of receiving such notices.
What are your responsibilities in submitting content to public areas
As part of the Binfy service, we may provide community areas, such as forums, where visitors can post messages, as well as chart room services for sharing and discussing tracker charts. By sharing a tracker chart, you are allowing others to view your tracking data which will display on the chart. Forums, chart rooms and other community areas are open to the public, and therefore any website visitor can view any information that you choose to share in these public areas. In addition to website visitors, other third parties, including Search Engines, can view and index these public pages. You are solely responsible for protecting your privacy when you opt to post in public areas on Binfy and should be extremely careful about what personally identifiable information you reveal about yourself. Binfy and bInfinity are not responsible for any information you choose to disclose in public areas on the Binfy website.